What To Do In Case Of An Accident So That It Does Not Cost You Expensive

It never happens until it happens, and that day you have to know how to act in the event of an accident: how to fill out a friendly part, what to do if the other party does not cooperate, who to turn to in case of damage ...

If you are in an accident, the first thing to do is self-examine to make sure you have not suffered any physical damage. If this is the case and only have material damage, the General Directorate of Traffic (DGT) recommends reaching an agreement with the other party involved, to complete the friendly part of the insurance companies, so that they are in charge of the repair of damage.


The friendly accident report collects the data of the parties involved, vehicle data and the accident insurance of its owners, as well as the damages caused. It must be completed in clear and capital letters with as much information as possible to clarify the facts.

In the central part is where the causes of the loss are determined. There you must choose between vehicle A and B, and check the boxes that fit the maneuvers that have been carried out. The opposing party must do the same with its corresponding box. If none of the 17 circumstances described in the part apply to you, no box should be checked. In this case, only the "Observations" field will be filled with the description of what happened. This information will be accompanied by a sketch or schematic drawing of the accident situation, which will be made by those involved, indicating very clearly which vehicle is A and which is B.

The friendly part must be completed in clear letters and in capital letters with as much information as possible 
Whenever possible, it is advisable to send the insurance company photographs of the accident and the damage caused to the vehicle. And of course the accident report once completed and signed by both parties. If you do not agree with the facts, you should never sign, since with the rubric you accept the friendly part.


If there is no understanding between the two parties because for example there is no consensus on the causes that originated the accident, the National Police or the Civil Guard should be called. And if the other driver refuses to cooperate, it is recommended to take note of the data that can be used to identify him, the license plate number, the data of the eyewitnesses of the event, etc.

You should also go to the authorities if the material damage is significant or if there is personal injury. In the latter case, you must also request a "medical assistance report" stating that these damages have occurred as a result of the accident.

If there is no understanding between the two parties, the National Police or Civil Guard should be called
The agents displaced to the scene of the accident will be the ones who will determine the causes of the accident and will prepare the "attestation", a fundamental test to establish who is responsible for the accident and claim the repair of the damages from the insurance companies.


The insurer must be informed within 7 days after the fact. If it is considered that one is not responsible for the fact and the fault should fall on the other driver, they have a period of 6 months to establish the criminal complaint. In the event that the complaint is filed because it is considered that the two facts do not constitute a crime or misdemeanor, one year is available, counted from the end of the criminal proceedings, to establish a civil claim. If legal actions are initiated, it will be the insurer who will bear the costs if, when hiring their services, the "legal defense" coverage was subscribed to in the policy. If you want to get information about buy used cars in Africa, then you need to get free information from Auto for trade customer support.

Facebook Comments APPID


Powered by Blogger.